My first post ever
Well….this is my first blog…ever…really don’t know how to write here…I have never written in public…guess there is a first time for everything…was just thinking of a good topic to write…but there is just one single thought that is at present consuming me…I am going to TIBET…gosh…I am actually going to Tibet…I still have trouble coming to terms with this fact…don’t know how long it has been…but from whenever I could remember I have always wanted to go to this place…it is more like a pilgrimage than a journey for me…I have one person to thank big time for making this happen for me…you know, you kind of get this thought or idea in your mind…but you need a catalyst to actually make you transform your idea into action…and for this I have Shalini to thank…I mean the whole thing was so weird, I still have some difficulty coming to terms with it…there I was one Friday afternoon…feeling really bored not knowing what to do…I come across this community about Paulo Coelho on orkut…had joined that community ages ago but had never posted anything significant on it…I was just going through some of the posts over there and came across this rather intriguing post by someone named Shalini…went to her profile and kind of had a pretty close look at it…it was not much, but I kind of had this feeling or intuition about her…so I wrote on her scrap book…received a pretty frosty response from her…but then, the very next day I received a rather nice message from her…we then graduated on to yahoo chat and made like this awesome instant connection…chemistry over warped digital highways…intriguing thought…probably would write a poem about it someday…anyways we had a really lovely conversation and a part of it was about traveling…the very next day she says if you are free we could go backpacking to Tibet…that shook me up quite a bit…but I instantaneously said yes…in my heart I really wanted to make this journey, but the only thing that was holding me back was permission from my parents…I mean I was just wondering what my dad would say if I told him that I want to go backpacking to Tibet with this stranger girl whom I haven’t even met…it has been just 5 days since I first spoke to her…I had kind of made up in my mind that he would definitely say no…but I would never have forgiven myself if I had not asked him…so there I was having breakfast at the table and talking to my dad…he was telling me about his boss going on a second honeymoon and all the plans that they had made to rent a houseboat on the backwaters of kerala and spend a couple of days there…I decided I have to drop my bombshell at just that moment…I nervously tell him “Dad I want to go to Tibet”…that’s all…nothing more nothing less…was too nervous to even think straight…he says “TIBET?”…so then I mention that I want to go backpacking all the way, that this is not a journey but a pilgrimage and I just poured my heart out and I guess the genuineness of my outburst touched him…he just stared at me for a moment and said…”you look just like a monk, you are even wearing a maroon tee shirt…hmmm, you probably were a monk in your previous life and your roots are now calling out to you”…my only response was “So…can I go?”…and he said “Yes…this is the only time you can actually go on such adventures, I guess your time is running out, do it before it is too late”…I am stunned stunned stunned …I was numb to any emotion at that point of time…then the thing struck me and slowly started sinking in…I actually got the permission I was dreading I would never get…could not help this HUGE smile creep onto my face…and I was filled with this immense joy…nothing could have gotten me down on that day…I immediately called shalini and gave her the news…gosh, she knows how excited I was, she was literally yelling at me come down from this euphoric high…there was just no looking back from there on…WOW!!!!!!! Tibet here I come…want to tell you guys exactly what I feel about going to Tibet and the exact purpose of my visit…probably will do that on a later day…am late for dinner already…


2 Comments:
awesome
3:12 PM
gee...did ya just call me a catalyst...thnks..may dreams come true n lets work towards realising them. Cheers!!!
the rest of the comment is private n confedential..he will mail ya..but see you started!...I will post an article tommrw...about mr. Abhishek kopa
3:32 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home